Power (pumps up the muscles, all Hulk like)… Who doesn’t like being in control and power? But life is such that at times , no matter what we do things don’t yield results. One such aspect of our lives is Weight Loss. In a world obsessed with six packs, thin waist lines and spending more time at gyms rather at homes, it becomes our prerogative to be extremely cautious as to how we look and what we eat… Extreme Fad Diets and innumerable insta posts on working out and gulping tonnes of protein shakes can give anyone a nightmare, thinking that we aren’t working out ( No gym looks to share.. Sigh!!).
There might be people who actually cannot or simply do not want to go to the gym (I for sure , not a Gym person). So, it’s easy to a great extent when someone can say to you that eating right, without starving yourselves , you can still achieve your weight loss goals. Most of the foods included as part of a weight-loss diet have a few things in common: they're high in fiber (which helps keep you feeling fuller longer) and have a low energy density—meaning that you can eat a decent-sized portion without overdoing it on calories. Include these following as part of a healthy diet you intake, together with moderate levels of walking or any form of exercise (not lifting dumb bells for sure, but get that Butt off the couch).
1. Almonds : Your mom’s favourite job during winters would be soaking a handful of Almonds in water and feed it to you in the morning with a glass of milk. She’d say it boosts memory power, but who knew these magic seeds also could help you lose weight. Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, and they're high in protein Rich in vitamin E and a good source of heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats. These, thus act as healthy snack between meals, keeping your hunger pangs under check. So when your heart yearns for a packet of chips, pop open a pack of almonds and have a few.
2. Eggs : Sunday ho ya Monday, Roz khao Anday ( For the uninitiated, it translates to East or West, Egg is the best ..hehehe). Eggs are rich in high-quality protein, fats and essential nutrients, like vitamin D and choline .Eggs for breakfast can help you feel full for longer periods of time. It boosts metabolic activities, and is low on calories . So what you waiting for scrambled, boiled or sunnyside up, eat this bald beauty
3. Beans All beans are high in fiber, which like the Eggy Baby helps to keep your tums tums (read tummy) fuller for longer times . Eating beans and legumes has various other health benefits like lowering blood pressure, reducing LDL cholesterol and cutting down the risk of cardiovascular disease. Beans are fairly low in calories and deliver protein as well. So mummy ka rajma aur lobia , pull those out of the kitchen containers, boil or steam and try them in salads or chaats. You can have them in curry form too only see that ‘mummy ka pyaar’ ; mom’s love (read too much spices and oil should be cut down on, keep it as bland as possible)
4. Avocados : Avocados, coming from Central Mexico, it tops the list in almost all super foods that aid weight loss Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, potassium and phytochemicals. People who eat avocados tend to have lower BMI, body weight and waist circumference than people who skip this green superfood, as per a study in Nutrition Journal. While avocados are higher in calories than other fruits and vegetables, their satisfying fat and fiber combo may help you slim down. Add some to your salad, sandwich or taco night for a burst of creaminess and flavor. (On the sidelines , not only weight loss it is also an aphrodisiac , If you know what I mean …Added weight loss anyone ;))
5. Yogurt : Yogurt is widely recognized as a healthy food. Manufacturers have responded to the growth in yogurt consumption by filling your food market aisles with a variety of yogurt like low-fat and no-fat, creamy, drinking, bio-yogurt, organic, baby, fruit, and frozen. Since yogurt comes from milk, so all yogurt eaters will get a dose of animal protein plus other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium. Yogurt is protein-packed and full of probiotics, which are good for gut health and may help your weight-loss efforts. According to health experts consuming a cup of yogurt within 60 minutes of your workout help repair your muscles. Yogurt reduces appetite and increases satiety. Just keep an eye on the added sugars in flavored yogurts, which only add to the calories. Instead, use fresh fruit to sweeten plain yogurt. Or just whip it up into our very own ‘lassi’ (buttermilk).
- January 19, 2020 At 02:10 AM